"I do not run to add days to my life. I run to add LIFE to my days."

Sunday, March 29, 2009

My Natural Default Setting

So i got that ^ phrase from another blogger about a year ago i think:)

I also wrote this poem around the same time, last April, while obviously, as you will see, in the depths of a depression.
Why do i choose to put it up here?
Simply because it says to me, People can change, they can better themselves and move forward through life's shit. I believe we are all drawn to tendencies to feel so utterly hopeless. But not all people choose to make that known to others, or even for that matter, known to themselves. I feel sorry for them now, but when i was depressed i envied them so and wished i could be different.

I think i can answer the questions i ask in this poem today, and that is awesome! thank you, you ALL know who you are.

A Poem, by me

Who am I? Devoid of my given name. Without a family.
Without achievements, grades, or my American, capitalist context
Take it all away, then who am I?
To a Stranger, to a Shrink, to a Boyfriend, girlfriend, to a parent, to a teacher, to God, to a child
Who am I to them?
What would I be like without the anti-depressants and mood stabilizers?
Would I be this down all the time?
If I was, I think I would be gone by now.
What good is there in this struggle for sanity?
I feel hopeless but I know things will change
I know I will not feel this horrible for the rest of every waking moment of my life
I still feel hopeless because of this cycle that will continue to occur.

I am a scared young woman, misunderstood by her self and others.
That's who I am.
Will I be strong enough to stand in God's love?

"She is strong enough to stand in my love"

1 comment:

  1. I know very much how this feels <3 I am here for you. How are you doing? Facebook me sometime :)

    ReplyDelete