"I do not run to add days to my life. I run to add LIFE to my days."

Monday, March 30, 2009

"my darling, my pooch, my world"

I wrote this to my best friend on her departure from College and transition to a "real job"

I decided to post this now because I think of her almost every day and miss her presence in my life so very much! Thank GOD for friends, amen?

My dear Gretchen Petchen
From the moment in Lottie Nelson
That fateful year we were Freshman
Something deep within, told me she's a "naughty"

Ya know how i knew it too?
Twas thine fair but crazy blue eyes
They showed me you were "ooo wee"

These are the best days of our lives
And G, for me you fulfilled them
With all that damn spontaneity to "jump&jive"
Never willing to sit still when surrounded by Messiah boys

I won't deny we had our differences
My sarcasm with emotions runninng high
Your fearless opinions and patience for my offences
But for all the endless ringing alarm clocks and unnecessary small mouth references
I hope you'll take a piece of me with you
And I know I will never have the same sense of fashion either!

You were the best friend I could have ever asked for
You always spoke life and strength and confidence into me
I knew our lives would change when Belize we left for
But with no warning did I imagine "the Nab" fitting you to such a tea;)

And this is where our paths do finally split
Roommates for two years I wish I could keep you here for another
But i cannot stop where life takes each of us, I submit
To you, friend who will forever remain in my heart

Goodbye, Farewell, and know "the best is Yet to come"

Simply put = I Love You.

No comments:

Post a Comment