"I do not run to add days to my life. I run to add LIFE to my days."

Sunday, February 24, 2008

What's your love language?

After coming off of one of the roughest weeks (psychologically) of my life, I would like to start things off on a uplifting and instrumental note, to reflect for a moment on What my love language is? This may sound random and quirky to some, but indulge me; for I think, if belief in providence be true; that this whole "love language" thing has been persistently coming up in my daily life through different people (you know who you are) for a good reason.

After knowing your love language you can ask and answer this question--What have i most often requested from significant others? I think for me personally, Number 1: requesting something of people is not what i do best. I think this is because something inside me has me convinced that that shows weakness and is too painful and uncomfortable. Number 2: I do better asking anonymous or professional "people" when I absolutely need something, (i.e. My psychiatrist, a small group, the Alanon group, my counselor, a distant acquaintance or old friend i've been out of touch with, my stuffed animal pig Gilbert or even Mr. Frumples) Number 3: After taking this quiz, I realized my number 1 and 2 need to take a little turn towards my significant others (namely: friends, family and those I work for and respect) because my primary love language is "Quality Time" and my next two (just so happens-it was a tie) "Words of Affirmation" and "Physical Touch" are my secondary love languages. This is a fun exercise to see how well you know yourself and your needs as a human being. And please don't kid yourself like I have--You DO have needs, and that is simply part of what makes us who we are as individual people.

No comments:

Post a Comment