"I do not run to add days to my life. I run to add LIFE to my days."

Sunday, February 24, 2008

My heart

poem by, Kori

I've searched the World
knowing my needs
wishing i had the strength to hold on to them tightly
instead i stare
stare into the void
a void of a world that cannot hold

only along with one another
standing or kneeling
but not alone
side by side
shoulder to shoulder

This is the answer
This can hold the world
Love one another
Thy greatest commandment
Love one another
There is nothing I know more powerful

I suppose that in some small way
this is me reaching for my needs
like a kid during recess
holding on tight to each monkey bar
this is me
girl with worth, offering herself to the world
please, give me a "call back" won't you?
I Need to hear from You.

No comments:

Post a Comment