"I do not run to add days to my life. I run to add LIFE to my days."

Sunday, February 10, 2008

Repetitive Wisdom

Due to the many hardships/struggles/life events I myself have endured (which i do not in anyway compare or contrast to any other's, but simply recognize them) I take such comfort from these simple and profound words of direction from Mother Theresa,

"66 years of God's darkness...It's not enough to say you love God, you have to love the poor, your neighbor"

It is the beautiful struggle of necessary storm.

I feel as though this is a lesson I need to learn and re-learn every season of life...

2 comments:

  1. This reminds me of the theme of my church in Februrary: Christian Hospitality. We are encouraged to invite the stranger in, although it is scary for us, because only through the stranger can we see the true face of God.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah! it's like the climax line in Les Miserables...

    "to love another person is to see the face of God"

    thanks big sis:)

    ReplyDelete