"I do not run to add days to my life. I run to add LIFE to my days."

Monday, November 22, 2010

To Love Another Person is to See the Face of God

So i've done some things lately, new things, that I'd like to share here.

Been to see "A Midsummer Night's Dream" ballet with my sister for her birthday, in Phoenix.

Taken to my first college football game, ASU vs. Stanford, close game but ASU still lost.

Seen the 25th Anniversary Celebration production of Les Miserables on screen, for a one night, one time showing played in select theatres throughout the U.S. It was superb and magical and as always touched me to the core:)

Glowed in admiration and pride (this fall) hearing my one and half year old niece Corinne say "Aunt Kowi" whenever I come through the front door --this is a perfect example of the title for my Blog :) And she continues to expand her vocabulary every day!!

Celebrate being employed as a teacher's assistant for a Montessori Preschool for almost three months now! I feel blessed for a job and one that I can see myself staying in and continuing my education for. And Ironically, it quickly turned into a personal dating service for Kori by her two matchmaker boss's. ha! or Rather, one blind date turned very successful and still promising :)

In my free-time/part time work status, Finished some more seasons of the HBO series Dexter and Entourage, still catching up to their current seasons now and kicking back to laugh my socks off with my mom watching the new tv hit, Modern Family, which I highly recommend to just about anyone:)

Currently reading : Harry Potter no.7 The Deathly Hallows, Three Cups of Tea, and a couple self-help books of a personal nature ;) those who talk to me often and know me won't need further explanation there.

A day back on Facebook (for desperate stalking purposes, LOL, yes I'm honest) quickly reinforced for me why I left the "social network" in the first place in the summer of '09, a test of sorts after leaving college and the east coast to allow me to choose more tangibly who and when I contact those people in my life. Using the old-fashioned ways of telephone conversations, face to face visits, e-mailing and letter writing which are (to me) more productive a way of personal communication without all the silly distractions of status updates, picture album viewings of people you hardly know and unintended time-wasted, browsing intricacies of every one's lives minus probably the most important one, oneself.
So needless to say, I'm Kori, and I've been facebook sober for 17 months ;)

And lastly, I've been taking college dance classes four nights a week, in Ballet and Jazz, which have been awesome and I plan on continuing my education there in the Spring!!

In closing, after a helpful reminder from a Sunday School session yesterday I plan to be others-minded and use my time availability as best I can to serve the less fortunate during what can be one of the hardest times for those alone, during the holidays; It was a reminder because I can definitely get caught up and stuck in my "family bubble" of happiness and easy thankfulness, that I forget what my religion and spirituality calls me to do. To live the love I've been given.

amen and peace friends!
-Korianne

footnote* the above title to this post is a quote/lyric in the finale of Broadway show, Les Miserables, and it is one of my favorite quotes of all time!!

4 comments:

  1. Glad you are inspired to write again! Love the "Facebook Anonymous" haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to do that too- to keep those in mind who are alone and forgotten esp. during the holidays. Thanks for the reminder!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhhh how was Les Mis?! I'm so jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. great erin, very special, only complaint was i wish lea could have been both fantine and eponine lol, and they picked a more mature performer for Marius (Nick Jonas) he has a voice but not the confidence and power behind it so that kinda blew :/ other than that, very romantic evening i must say! some day we should see it in NYC together:)

    ReplyDelete