"I do not run to add days to my life. I run to add LIFE to my days."

Sunday, April 3, 2011

Today is All I Have

Human beings are story-tellers. I mean think about it, before written text and Internet information galore, we existed and defined ourselves through the oral tradition, i.e. telling stories to family and friends. I like that! The girls I have been babysitting recently have really pushed me to be creative with their constant demands of "tell us a story!" It's all about the process, the experience, not the end product necessarily. Life is a journey not a destination. I'm finding that philosophy prevalent in my line of work these days (pre-school age learners) and enjoy applying it to my adult life as well. I'm practicing extending grace and present-mindedness on myself. Here's a nice quote about teaching: " It is the supreme art of the teacher to awaken joy in creative expression and knowledge." I'm currently looking for new teaching work/job/summer camps opportunities, in lieu of being laid off for the summer months at Red Mountain Montessori Academy. So here's hoping I can find something in the alternative, non-sectarian world of education and possibly with elementary ages for a change, all in order to find what to go back to school for :)

1 comment:

  1. Some great thoughts.. seems there aren't enough reminders out there for this idea... so much pressure pushing the other way to be end-focused.
    Maaayybe stories are the way to avoid that van ride chaos on Monday nights... I don't think I'd of thought of it had not I read this, but could deff use some help getting started.
    Also, funny to read an old post and compare it to your journey at the present!

    ReplyDelete