"I do not run to add days to my life. I run to add LIFE to my days."

Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Adrian Wilson

My friend from College is dead. is no longer alive on this earth he gave to and loved so much. My friend has left prematurely and all of us scratch our heads, bang our fists, cry our eyes out to figure why! Today at work when i drove home I thought of a song by Howie Day that I wanted to listen to; knowing it would have completely NEW meaning to it, considering Adrian. This is the chorus:

"It's the perfect time of day.
It's the last day of your life.
Don't let it slip away, while your heart is still racing.
It's the perfect time of day.
And you won't feel a thing.
And you won't recall, anything at all"

I have mixed feelings about these lyrics but it draws an interesting twist on how we view end of life, death, and remembering. Normally the last day of our life we don't view as "perfect" in any way shape or form, especially when it is not planned or expected! Why did the artist choose that word to describe the final day, the final breaths, gasping in agony and frustration (Adrian drowned off the coast of Spain while on a farming/service trip.) I have constant flash back memories coming into my brain to remember my dear friend-what else can one do? Maybe it is described as perfect because the artist believes, simultaneously life begins again in a new way. All i know is that life is precious and I miss and mourn a dear friend.

2 comments:

  1. It's so horrific to lose someone you love so suddenly. don't try and make sense of it though or ask why. it was a horrible accident. god does not have a plan to take people's lives for a purpose. i believe that god is going through all the pain and sadness that you are at the loss of this friend. from the sounds of his choices in life, his light in the world was darkened and i'm sure you are mourning the loss of what he could have done as well as the guy himself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holly I completely agree and through my grieving i have definitely come to believe god did not will for Adrian to die such a horrific death and premature as well-but that it was a very unfortunate accident that is not a rarity at all in our broken, imperfect world. thanks for the encouragement

    ReplyDelete