"I do not run to add days to my life. I run to add LIFE to my days."

Tuesday, May 6, 2008

A New Hope (not the first installment of Star Wars:)

The other day when I got off the phone with my new Muslim friend, I just couldn't help but be full of contentment, a sense of enlightenment, and joy. My roommate could obviously see it on my face and I told her, "Now I just need to find a job that lets me do that [speak to people of different religious and cultural experiences and backgrounds]" and I simply smiled at the ridiculousness of what I just requested. But then my roommate who had been listening commented, "Yeah! You should do that, whatever that is"...I guess I'll just have to see.

The theme of this year for me is getting out of survival mode, and I have dubbed 2008 as "living the imperfect life" and this morning I was able to check one more thing off my to do list for the end of this semester! Man does it feel good, to complete an assignment on time; maybe not my absolute best but that is not what I'm going for anymore...it's about surviving, making it through to the finish line. For too long in my college career have I not let this be my standard and priority. It has unfortunately caused much upset, pain and disappointment on my end. I never could measure up so then I started giving up in so many senses and honestly had forgotten the feeling; pleasure of handing in or presenting on something I worked on to the best of my capabilities and being done with it.

Fortunately though I feel a change coming on me and I welcome it with open arms! Partly it is due to other people but it also took on my part, willingness and humility to step down from my pedestal to welcome their help, encouragement and support which created a
renewed hope.

Thank you

No comments:

Post a Comment