"I do not run to add days to my life. I run to add LIFE to my days."

Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Missing You

I love to listen to this song over and over...there's just something about it that brings me back to high school days but then also brings me to issues of lost family and friends from addictions, and other issues usually spawned from an outsider; force or influence.

If you don't know this one, definitely listen to it, not just read the lyrics:)
Song title: Wounded
Band: Third Eye Blind

"The guy who put his hands on you,
has got nothing to do with me.
And the bruises that you feel will heal
and I hope you come around,
cause we're missing you.

You used to speak so easy,
now you're afraid to talk to me.
Its like walking with the wounded.
Carrying that weight way too far,
the concrete pulled you down so hard
out there with the wounded,
We're missing you.

Well I never claimed to understand what happens after dark
but my fingers catch the sparks at the thought of touching you,
When you're wounded
......

Lemme break it down till I force the issue
You never come around and you know we miss you
Well nobody took your pride away
I said, "thats something people say"
Back down the bully to the back of the bus,
cause its time for them to be scared of us
till you're yelling how we're living cause you got the ball
and then you rock on, baby, rock on, you rock on. on and on.

No comments:

Post a Comment