"I do not run to add days to my life. I run to add LIFE to my days."

Sunday, June 6, 2010

Daily Life

"Every day takes figuring out again how to fucking live." -one character's quote from the HBO series, Deadwood.
I am feeling this today. I think sometimes one just needs to get dirty to appreciate cleanliness. Here's a Poem to describe this thought.

messy to clean the house, wash dishes, take out the trash
smelly to flower fragrance air freshners
be a slob to be made up and put together
eat junk to eat healthy and delicious
laziness to be diligent and productive
self-gratification to self-discipline's gift later
skip, play hooky to be present and early
be naked to being dressed
take a break to push forward

Perhaps this is my attempt at reconciling my ups and downs? Actually that is exactly what it is.

1 comment: