"I do not run to add days to my life. I run to add LIFE to my days."

Wednesday, August 5, 2009

this is blog post worthy!!

So you know when you meet famous people, they usually stun you and you're awe-struck and suddenly mute? Well it is true. Thanks to Holly, my sister, however I was able to speak once she broke the ice to---Amanda Borden!! (1996 USA Gold Medal Olympic Gymnastics Champion, part of the Magnificent 7) whom I idolized as one of my favorites among the USA team that summer I was glued to the tv set and religiously re-watched the tapes of her routines, AND the reason i might add, I decided to start taking gymnastics at the old age (for the sport) of 10! This is all simply so amusing to me and I hope to some other readers. But it is just a beautiful thing to see this girl, now woman and mother still beaming with her beautiful smile and teaching my little Josephine (niece) on the balance beam no less!!!! I was able, after Holly introduced me, to tell Amanda I am a huge fan and it was an honor to meet her. She said I made her day (since many of her current students were not even born when she was in the Olympics), but heck! She knows not that she made my life! just kidding, but I have to be dramatic here.

I couldn't use enough explanation points!!!!!!!!!!!!!

READERS--who are your idols from childhood??? any similar awe-striking experiences? And no, Jesus is not the correct answer here. get creative here:)

3 comments:

  1. Wait a second -- Josie's learning gymnastics from a former Olympic gymnast?!?? Whuuuuut?????

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah bon, her gym is right down the street from us. josie loves to jump, bounce and swing!

    kor-i was awestruck when i met jennifer ehle..our fav actress from pride and prejudice and got her autograph after a play. i sooo wanted to say how much i loved her in p&p and just stood there and smiled blankly..LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yeah bon, i know right!? craaazzzy.

    hol-you just needed me there to prod you along like you did for me:)

    ReplyDelete