"I do not run to add days to my life. I run to add LIFE to my days."

Thursday, April 10, 2008

Everything seems worse in my head...

This is something I just wrote real quickly a few months ago. Interestingly it still rings true now.

Frustration
Paralyzed
Stuck
Unlearning
Stepping backwards
Never far enough away
One thing at a time...
I tell myself
Can i do this?
was i cut out for academia?
I want tears
I want scars
tell my story
so afraid of failing
I set out on that path anyway
I am my biggest judge, critic, determiner
If i could move, I'd be a bird
fly away, to see the smallness of it all
I'd fly to a safe haven and stay until the storm was over
i'm falling fast
Where do i belong?
can i have answers instead of questions?
"I'm a king on my knees" -borrowed from Jennifer Knapp

1 comment:

  1. I think you may look back on college as many of us do and think (Bob Dylan lyric comes to mind)

    "Ah, but I was so much older then,
    I'm younger than that now."

    ReplyDelete